John S. Halsted
Assistant: Christel Barton
John Halsted’s primary areas of practice involve general litigation, governmental relations, municipal, real estate and land use law. Mr. Halsted served as solicitor for Chester County from 1971 to 2007. He is a past president of the Chester County Bar Association and a former member of the House of Delegates of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He is also a past president and director of the Chester County Historical Society and a director of the Chester County Hospital. Mr. Halsted was also a director of the former First National Bank of Chester County.
Mr. Halsted was admitted to practice in Pennsylvania in 1961 and before the United States Supreme Court in 1965. He received his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania and holds an undergraduate degree from Amherst College.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- William Penn Club
- Lincoln Club
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, L.L.B.
- Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts, B.A., Political Science
- Pennsylvania, 1961
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1965
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1965
- First National Bank of Chester County, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- County of Chester – Solicitor, 1971 – 2007
- Chester County Historical Society – Past President
- Chester County Hospital – Past Director
Past Employment Positions:
- U.S. Army, SP 5, 1955 – 1957
- Beta Theta Pi