Robert F. Adams serves as solicitor for numerous townships, municipal authorities and zoning hearing boards across Chester County. For many years, he has represented commercial and residential real estate developers in complex land development projects, and he has lectured on a wide range of municipal topics for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
Also practicing in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mr. Adams has a special interest in mediation. A skilled mediator, he has guided a broad array of civil disputes to successful resolution since 2003. He has completed the Mediator Skills Training program of the American Arbitration Association and the “Mediating the Litigated Case” course at the Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law.
Mr. Adams is past president of, and remains active in, the Chester County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, where he served in the House of Delegates for several terms, and is former chair of the Municipal Law Section. He was awarded an undergraduate degree by the University of Pennsylvania and received his law degree from Villanova University; he was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1972. He is a past president of the Board of Directors of the Chester County Board of Health and currently serves on the Board of Directors of Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association – Past President
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, PA, J.D., 1972
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, A.B., Political Science, 1966
- Pennsylvania, 1972
- Maine, 1972
- U.S. District Court District of Maine, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- The Hickman Friends Senior Community of West Chester – Board Member, Chair, Board of Managers, 2005 – Present
- Westtown-Goshen Rotary Club – Director, Past President, 1978 – 2011
- Chester County Board of Health – Board Member, Chair, 1984 – 1999
- Legal Aid of Chester County – Board Member, President, 1978 – 2000
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania – Board Member, 2000 – Present
- Municipal Law Colloquium, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1990 – Present
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Offices, David A. Nichols, Camden, ME, Associate, 1972 – 1974
- United States Navy, Officer (Active Duty), 1966 – 1969
Honors & Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated lawyer, 1980 – Present